Friday, May 31, 2013

Kikay Kit

Hello WoC means hello Kikayness, and that means a Kikay Kit is a given! KiKayKit, aka KKK.
 
I want to have the option to switch shoulder bags easily, so I need to have all the retouching basics kept together in one container. I know there are those 'bag in bags' organizer that can carry everything from Kikay stuff to documents and gadgets, but I want a real kikay kit! Or maybe I'm just looking for a reason to utilize with Too Faced Leopard Pouch?
 

I love this pouch I love this pouch I love this pouch!

 
I mean look at it! It's adorable!! It's plush, with a steady Velcro closure, and neon pink lining. Neon pink! How can it get any better!!! Well, it's also double flapped, so the items don't spill out even if the bag tumbles over. Keewlness!!!
 
Now, on to the goodies within! I have a very oily skin tone, especially along my T-Zone, and oil control films are a MUST for me. If you don't already know, retouching with powder (loose or pressed) before removing the oil on your face can do horrible things for your look, and your skin. First, you're layering powder on top of oil, on top of your makeup, on top of whatever you used to prep your skin- moisturizer, sunblock, primer, or all three. That, my friend, is gonna get cakey. Cake-y. And cakey is NOT the look this season.
 
We want to look fresh. Glow. You can't achieve that by covering your face with pressed powder and looking a cakey matte mess, no ma'am! If you must retouch, do lightly. And always, always BLOT FIRST. I'm not sure if this is how it is for you guys with dry skin, but for people like me who can go from matte to oil slick in a few hours, BLOTTING PAPER is a must.
 

I had JUST run out of this the other day, thanks LilK. Got spare, good thing!

I really like this one from Kleenex. You can get this at any drugstore, or in a department store's beauty section. It's cute, it absorbs well (one sheet is enough for me), and it doesn't affect my makeup. It's also sturdy, it doesn't feel like it's about to rip in pieces, and it's not super flimsy that you worry about peeling off two to three sheets at a time. There's adhesive on the cover to assist you in sliding off one sheet. The sheet should come off with the cover once you open it, tada! But when you're about 2/3's through the pack, the adhesive starts to give. You can remedy this by simply adding a small double-sided tape to replace the old one, or you can just slide a sheet out yourself. It can be done.
 
The sheet has two sides with different textures. One side is felt-like with flower patterns, I think this is so the oil doesn't go from one side to the opposite. Helpful. The other side is the sleek one, which absorbs and lifts oil from your face. Makes it easy to remember, thanks to the difference.
 
After blotting, I sometimes take time to do a quick retouch. I have been using loose retouch/finishing/dusting/whathaveyou powders since March, I think I just started to lose interest in them. Kinda like the flavor of the month thing? It just became too much of a hassle. Sure, I've got a small sifter jar with me, and a retractable kabuki. But it's still a messy ordeal, compared to retouching through pressed powder!
 

There was a debate between THIS or LOOSE BEN NYE. This won.

I started to hunt for the perfect retouch powder for me, and lo and behold, here it is! Physician's Formula Les Botaniques in OopsiDaisy! Got mine from Amazon, about $5-$5.5 when you figure in US shipping. I just love the name! And look at that pattern? Cute, yes? Very, very cute! But besides that, the product itself is pretty banging!
 
It has antioxidants (I am a sucker for this) and botanical compounds (am I saying this right?) that helps fight skin irritants, and keep your skin healthy and glowing. There is a slight (emphasis on slight!) shimmer on the flower pattern in the middle, which helps boost your natural radiance. No, it won't make you look like a Cullen, the shimmer doesn't even register when applied. It's just to make you bloom! AND it has SPF15, as well. It gives a semi matte finish that is just lovely and natural looking. Not greasy nor shiny, but just right. And it's pretty! Pretty pretty pretty!!! It's also discontinued so I hoarded as much as I could. Look how pretty! (Yeah, I'm shallow. Get over it!)
 
You can opt to apply this with a powder puff (purchase it separately, and change ever so often), or use a brush. I went with the brush. It's more hygienic, I think... And I feel like the brush fibers help remove more oil and dirt from my skin, as opposed to a puff pressing everything back in. I like the sweeping motion. And I get a more controlled, lighter finish which I can build up.
 

Always handy

A mirror, which I got for a friggin steal from CD-R King (I will never tire of saying this, that place rawks!!) at P50, or was it P20? Either way, steal!! It's so pretty!! Classy print. The mirrors themselves (yes, both sides are plated with mirror) are very clear and scratch free. It closes tightly but opens in a snap. And it's just so pretty, did I already say that? Pretty! A mirror is always welcome, when retouching is concerned.
 

This is not fragrance-free, but does well moisturizing my lips.

A moisturizer is also something I think belongs in the KKK. For you, for me, for her, for him, for everyone! Dry normal oily alike! I may not use it that often, but when I am in need of some moisture, I would much rather have a product at hand, rather than letting my skin thirst forever! Nivea is a good name to trust, but I've been looking at La Roche-Posay lately, and might switch to that. Til then, this Nivea Ultra Hydrating Crème is my current go-to. The tin is such a good buy as well, it contains a lot of product, will serve me well on a trip out of town, and doesn't eat up much space in my KKK. I also have the tube version of this.
 
I love the whipped texture of this, it's really, truly, creamy!
 

And last, but most definitely not the least, is a tinted lip balm, or a lipstick of choice (will insert pic, later). I always have a lip balm with me, my lips get chapped like heck so easily, it can go from chapped-not-chapped-not-chapped-not before the sun goes down. Now, back when I hadn't had a taste of MAC lipsticks, I would say that I would never substitute a lipstick for my lip balm in my KKK. Back when! After trying MAC tubes, my thoughts have changed. Those babies are amazing! I get the price point, now, and yeah I'm definitely willing to purchase them at full price. And that's saying a lot, from me! I think the cheapest tube is at $14? Gah! The game has changed! Wallet, savings, credit card, husband, run now, run! Run for you lives!!
 
Now, I have two tubes on my KKK. The other is whichever MAC lipstick suits my that day, and the staple is this: Smashbox's Lip Treatment in Shine.
 
 
I know what you're expecting me to say- it's pretty. Ha! Well! ...isn't it? And it serves it purpose, too! It's conditioning, and it doesn't leave my lips looking naked all day. Let's face it, whatever lipstick you wear in the morning, fades after you've lunched your way through the afternoon. (ELF's makeup lock and seal wants to prove me wrong, let's see!)
 
Smashbox's Lip Treatment gives me such a perky pink finish. It's not matte, but not sleek nor shiny. Not glossy, no. And no, I don't have a lip gloss on my KKK. I just HATE their thick, greasy feel. yes, they make your lips look so juicy and luscious, but I hate the tradeoff. I can actually feel the glossy gunk bringing weight on my lips. Oh, gravity! Nope, no thanks.  Until I find a gloss that's naked light, and doesn't transfer to every little thing, then I'm pretty much solved retouching with Smashbox.
 
I always have my Smashbox Lip Treatment here, but left it on my bag pocket. Easy access :)
So that's about it, I think! I quite enjoyed this post. What's on your KKK right now? :)
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment