Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Best Buy: Vanity Table Mirror


7" Diameter, solid handle and base, rotating mirror, dual sided, swivels to angles- BOOM!
Don't you just love a good bargain? Specially if you paid for it with a gift coupon? Even moreso when that coupon was gifted? Woooyeah!
 
I'm hot. I know it, baby!
I have been looking for a table mirror for a few weeks already, but had never found the right one, until last Sunday!

Before then, everything I saw was either too small, too wobbly, too fixed, one sided, no magnification, too dull- etc. I wanted a simple  swiveling (word? probably!) double-sided mirror, with magnification on one side. Why was it so hard to find? I'm a bit choosy, I know. I had a picture in my head, and I wasn't ready to settle for less. It's out there... somewhere. I see it all the time on top of beauty counters. Hmmm, is there some special place they go to for this?  I was contemplating a visit to Wilcon Builder's Depot, but decided to drop by Ace Hardware (the third hardware I've visited since May) all because

(a) We were at the SM Bowling Alley because my brother had game coupons;
(b) the bowling alley was making us wait so long
(c) there was an Ace store right on the opposite side of where we were at
(d) I've been openly griping about mirrors the past couple weeks; and
(c) Upon checking, he ALSO had a gift coupon for Ace,

So what the heck, let's go! Don't you just love it when things fall into place?
 
Such a find!
LO AND BEHOLD! It's the perfect mirror! Even better than what I had in mind! And while I was expecting it to push me back at least P800, it costs almost half that much! P450! Steal! This is fate! Me and  Mirror! She remains un-named. I'll think of one, soon enough.
 
It has 2x magnification on one side, and actual reflection on the other. It swivels AND rotates, giving you access to almost all angles imaginable! How many angles do you need? Well this definitely covers the basics, and then some.
 
It's crystal clear, sleek, heavy, and looks well made. Mine came in dingy packaging, but I didn't mind. I inspected the mirror, and it had no damage. The product has just been shelved waaay too long, it got dirty.
 
The magnification side would seem a bit distorted if you're too far, but that's a given. Easy tradeoff. I wouldn't be feet away from the mirror if I wanted to see things on ZOOM!
 
The base of the mirror did have light, light scratches. Unnoticeable. Insignificant. I'm still in love with it.
 
Setting it up is as easy as ABC!
It's very simple to setup, no need to call your caveman husband to tinker with it. Just tighten three screws, and you're good to go. Two screw go at the base, then one on the mirror part. I found I didn't even need to use screwdrivers, as the bolts that came with it are super easy to handle and twist! I have a feeling they had prissy ladies in mind for this one, LOL! Kidding ...not!
 
Overall, I love it!! I'd buy three of it, if I had three houses haha!!
 
There was also a wall mirror on sale, and I was SO TEMPTED- but I wasn't sure it would fit in the vanity I plan to make. So I took a pass on that.
 
Left Ace Hardware very happy!!
 
PS: I got this from Ace Hardware, SM Annex Basement, SM North EDSA. There were only TWO of these left, aside from the display unit. I brought one home, so yeah, only ONE left. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment